The event's organisers, Kondinin Group and ABC Rural, have put it to all Australians to consider where the country would be without farmers and encourage them to show their appreciation by submitting a nomination this year.
The deadline for nominations has been extended to Sunday 7 July and can be completed at www.farmeroftheyear.com.au
This provides extra opportunity for those in rural and regional Australia to acknowledge those outstanding farmers and farming families, as well as those involved in the broader agricultural industry.
The 2019 award categories include:
* The Kondinin Group and ABC Rural 2019 Australian Farmer of the Year
* Young Farmer of the Year, sponsored by McDonald's
* Farming Legend of the Year, sponsored by the Grains Research and Development Corporation
* Community Leader of the Year, sponsored by Market Check
* Rural Consultant of the Year, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
* Agricultural Student of the Year
* Award for Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Telstra
* Award for Excellence in Technology, sponsored by New Holland
* Award for Excellence in Diversification, sponsored by Decipher
* Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
Award winners will be flown to Canberra to attend the announcement ceremony at Parliament House on 16 October and will receive a one-day leadership workshop supported by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
The Kondinin Group and ABC Rural 2019 Australian Farmer of the Year Awards are supported by Platinum Sponsors WFI; Award Sponsors McDonalds, Grains Research and Development Corporation, Market Check, Corteva Agriscience, Telstra, New Holland and Decipher; Leadership Program supporter the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources; Media Partner RM William's OUTback; and Industry Supporters the National Farmers' Federation, AgSafe, Goldacres and Blundstone.
Nominations can be completed online at www.farmeroftheyear.com.au and will close on Sunday 7 July 2019.