The day-and-a-half long workshops aim to provide participants with a better understanding of the key factors dictating herbicide performance and what can be done in the paddock to ensure weed control is maximised.
The workshops will be held throughout Victoria and will provide answers to questions like:
* Why do herbicides perform or fail in some situations?
* Critical comments on the label. Why do they exist and how were they developed?
* How do adjuvants and water conditioning agents work? What should be used, when and why?
* How does resistance affect different herbicides? What strategies can be used as resistance emerges?
* How do residual herbicides work and what influences their breakdown?
Participant numbers are limited to ensure active participation and discussion and registration is essential. Cost is $165 including GST per workshop.
The schedule of workshops in Victoria covers Bendigo on 22 and 23 July, Swan Hill on 17 and 18 September, Mildura on 19 and 20 September, and Melbourne on 12 and 13 November.
More details, https://grdc.com.au/events/list