Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) Farm Business Updates will be held in Esperance on 8 February, Goomalling on 10 February and Williams on 11 February and will feature expert speakers addressing relevant topics.
GRDC Western Region Panel chair Darrin Lee said good farm business management is the foundation for a successful farming operation and the events will assist growers, advisors and agribusiness personnel by delivering high quality information about best farm business management concepts and practices.
"Engaging and well-qualified speakers have been secured to address the 2021 series of events, covering a range of issues from the broader economic picture and international markets to cost-effective machinery and farm workplace culture.
"The aim of the Farm Business Updates is to help drive innovation and adoption of improved farm business management practices across the grains industry," Lee said.
Expert speakers and their topics for the 2021 events include:
- Economics and trade (Jeff Oughton, economist)
- Land price and farm profitability analysis (Ashley Herbert, Agrarian Management and Australian Association of Agriculture Consultants (WA) president)
- Agricultural commodity markets and currency: Geopolitical impacts of China, United States election and more (Michael Every, Rabobank global strategist)
- Practical farm safety (Danielle McNamee, ProcessWorx)
- Case study; Motivating and managing your farm team (Paul O'Meehan, Borden grower)
- What is the culture of your family business? Achieving trust, communication and success (Stuart Wesley, Oasis People and Culture)
Each of the events will run from 9:15am-4:00pm with doors opening at 8:30am.