The AG4U Career Pipeline Program is designed for final year university students studying an agricultural-related degree in Western Australian and who are seeking an opportunity to hone their professional skills before starting a career in the agriculture industry.
The program is open to more than 165 final year students studying agriculture-related degrees at WA universities including fishing, livestock, forestry, broadacre/grains, apiary, horticulture or viticulture.
The online program has been developed by agricultural consultant Erin Groter and successful applicants can participate in the industry-recognised scheme starting this year.
Gorter said she developed the AG4U Career Pipeline Program to help prepare agriculture students for the sometimes daunting stepping stone from university into a rewarding career in WA's rich and diverse agricultural industries.
"There are so many opportunities out there for eager graduates and we need as many of them to want to join our industry as we can. I think we could do more to encourage and share with them skills to help them make the transition," Gorter said.
"The online program means anyone, both students and industry, from the Kimberly to Esperance and anyone anywhere In between can participate without the expense and cost of travel and ensuring students from across the state can access the skills and networks they need to join the agriculture sector.
"I would really like to hear from industry leaders and specialists who would be interested in being part of the program to share their knowledge and thoughts," Gorter said.
The AG4U Career Pipeline Program includes:
* Developing professional networking skills
* Building a professional brand and presenting yourself with confidence online and in person
* Insight session with industry professionals to find out the post-university opportunities in agriculture
* Past student insights, who will share what they wish they had known before embarking on their career
* A mentorship from an industry leader in a chosen agricultural sector
* Developing a network with other students in the program from other universities with similar aspirations.
For more information, visit the Ag4U Career Pipeline Program Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Ag4U-Career-Pipeline-Program-105419537853985Or contact Erin Gorter on 0429 833 752, firstname.lastname@example.org