The Awards celebrate excellence in farming and farming communities throughout rural and regional Australia.
Previous winners have come from a variety of agricultural industry sectors but have always had one thing in common - they are all individuals who have gone above and beyond to achieve their goals.
Co-hosts Kondinin Group and ABC Rural encourage individuals across the country to get involved. Categories for nomination include:
* The Kondinin Group and ABC Rural 2019 Australian Farmer of the Year
* Young Farmer of the Year, sponsored by McDonalds
* Farming Legend of the Year
* Community Leader of the Year, sponsored by Market Check
* Rural Consultant of the Year, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
* Agricultural Student of the Year
* Award for Excellence in Innovation, sponsored by Telstra
* Award for Excellence in Technology, sponsored by New Holland
* Award for Excellence in Diversification, sponsored by Decipher
* Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research, sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
Nominations can be completed online at www.farmeroftheyear.com.au and are open until 30 June 2019. Award Recipients receive the opportunity to take part in a one-day leadership workshop in Canberra, supported by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.
Keep up with developments about the 10th annual Australian Farmer of the Year Awards by following them on Twitter (@ausfarmerawards) and Facebook (/ausfarmerawards).
Winners will be announced at a special ceremony on 16 October 2019 at Parliament House, Canberra.